Back-to-school season is upon us! In the frenzied fun of finishing up summer reading, stocking up on notebooks and pencils and organizing backpacks, let’s not forget that all-important at-home essential: the after-school snack. We’ve got you covered with these delicious graham cracker rulers. Read on for a quick and easy recipe that’s fun to make for — and with — your kids. It’s a great activity for playdates too.
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla frosting (homemade or store-bought)
- Pretzel sticks
- Rainbow or chocolate sprinkles
- Break the graham crackers along the perforated lines to create rectangular ruler shapes
- Frost one side of each graham cracker
- Break pretzel sticks to desired lengths (we recommend 1/4- to 1/2-inch long.)
- Alternate placing pretzel sticks and sprinkles along the edge (4 sprinkles between each pretzel stick, as shown above, works well).
- Serve on your favorite snacking dishware along with a healthy beverage — and a full rundown of the day’s school activities!