Focusing on Summer Right Now?
You’re not alone. For many, this summer is about taking a road trip or making the most of a staycation. Here’s one helpful way to make the most of your July and August plans: Make a summer calendar or schedule.
It’s so satisfying to have something fun on the agenda, so you have a reward in view on those doldrum days. An epic getaway vacation may not be in the cards, but here are a few things to add fun to the summer months.
- Plan a backyard camping adventure.
- Set a date for a day trip to an in-state park or landmark.
- Create a summer reading plan for the whole family. Then, decide on a prize for most books or hours read (adjust for ages and reading levels).
- Learn to make your own ice cream, modeling clay or giant bubble-blowing liquid at home.
Ready to Think School Supplies?
If you want to get a head start on whatever the fall will bring, we get that, too. Check out our Back-to-Class Shop to get the ball rolling early. Here’s where to find tips for planning PLUS a fun-filled Back to School checklist. And here are a few more getting-ready ideas.
- Give someone’s bookshelf a DIY upgrade.
- Inspire young storytellers with this interactive writing quiz.
- Review communications from schools, sports and childcare programs. Note their planned dates for fall announcements so you can check back at the right time.
- Start looking for deals on technology you’re likely to need for any learning arrangement. Think calculators, USB drives, chargers and headphones.
We’ll be sharing more thoughts, tips and suggestions about back-to-class in the weeks to come. Just look for the hashtag #FirstDayNewWay.